Post by: Grant Rodiek
My desk, at work, is in the middle of a way over-crowded collection of producers, designers, a QA tester, and some engineers. At first we scoffed at how cozy it was, but now many of us have grown quite fond of the close quarters. We’ve developed this barracks mentality where the humor is constant and makes working fun. We jokingly refer to this little area as the “Prod Hole” (Prod as in Producer).
I don’t know how it came about, but a producer mentioned Farmageddon and I was telling him about the new FrankenCrops. Now, the topic of puns is like candy to weird people and another co-worker tossed out “Cucumbear.” Like, a cucumber that’s also a bear. This cracked me up and I suggested we make a Cucumber Pun Pack for Farmageddon.
It actually isn’t a bad idea.
We immediately started listing the good ones. We took it with us to a meeting and even our VP started chiming in. Then I tossed it on Twitter and my friends there started chiming in. I thought I’d share some of my favorites. It’s funny how many of us arrived at the same conclusion independently. Great minds think alike? Or perhaps idiots all think the same stupid joke is funny?
- Cucumbear – Rawr!
- Cucumbare – Imagine a naked, shamed Cucumber.
- Cucumbarista – Get caffeinated!
- Cucumberto – The Cucumber from south of the border?
- Cucumberry – Refreshing.
- Cucumbarry Manilow
- Cucumbarry White – Ladies….
- Cucumbarry Bonds – With small berries.
- Queuecumber – This one kills me. From Couple vs Cardboard.
- Cucumbrrr – The Arctic Cucumber. From Danny Devine.
- Cucumbawhumba – He gets knocked down, but he gets up again. From Danny Devine.
- MooCumber – Why by the cow when the milk is pickled? From Mark Wallace.
- Cucumberbund – For those fancy evenings. From Mark Wallace.
- Cucumpatriots – Witty!
- Cucumpair – Why settle for just one?
- Cucumpear – Fruit puns.
- Cucumburr – Like, a burr under your saddle. From Couple vs Cardboard.
- Cucumbro – Totally.
- Cucumburt Reynolds – MY FAVORITE.
- Cucumbrella – Ella, eh, eh, eh, under my cucumbrella, ella, ella…
- Cucumbersome – Why bother?
- Cucumburrito – Actually, not a bad idea.
- Cucumbird – Caw!
- Cucumburger – Also not a bad idea.
- Cucumbeware – Danger.
- Coupcumber – SUPER clever. From Adam Buckingham.
- Cucumburglar – He’ll steal your flavor! From TC Petty III.
- Cucumbert and Cucumbernie – This is just genius. From AJ Porfirio.
Note: If I didn’t credit you, it’s because we already came up with it here, or I forgot.
Thanks for participating. It was fun and honestly, I’d love to make this expansion.